Monday, February 1, 2016

A Clockwork Conversation with Author LRW Lee

(Note: I have recently decided to integrate the interviews I do back into my main blog here instead of posting them at www.clockworkconversations.blogspot.com. Do visit that site though when you have a chance, because there are nearly 40 amazing author interviews there waiting to be explored! ~bru)

~*~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~ 




FG: Welcome to this edition of Clockwork Conversations, now in our new location on my homepage here at Love Letters from Jupiter! I'm February Grace, your host and it's my pleasure to welcome today fantasy author LRW Lee to the blog!



Welcome! Please, tell us a little about yourself.



LRWL: In brief, I'm a wife, Mom, and imagineer who makes stuff up for a living. I love what I do and I know I'm fortunate to be able to write full time. 



FG: During Clockwork Conversations, writers talk about all kinds of topics besides writing! So today I'd like to ask you a few questions I've selected just for you.



Question 1: What is the coolest place you've ever visited in your life?



LRWL: Oh, what an awesome question. I would have to say Hawaii where we swam with manta rays at night. These gentle giants (10-15 feet from tip to tip) feed on plankton which divers, standing at the bottom of a cove, attracted with floodlights. We floated at the top of the water as these giants flipped and turned, nearly touching us as they fed. It was unbelievable!



FG: Question 2: Is there a place that you would absolutely love to travel to?



LRWL: YES! I've always wanted to visit the UK and France. And come this Fall, I'm finally going! I'm so excited :)



FG: Question 3: When you're not reading or writing, how do you enjoy spending your free time?



LRWL: Is there anything else other than reading??? LOL! As of this month, my husband and I are officially empty nesters and we plan to travel a lot more than we have. As I mentioned, we've got a trip planned to the UK and France for the Fall. And we'll probably go to Hawaii again this Spring where we usually go to chill.



FG: Question 4: If you could meet any famous actor, actress, musician, or artist, past or present, who would you most enjoy meeting and why?



LRWL: I think it would have to be J. K. Rowling. She pretty much launched the reading revolution for so many kids/parents. She made the fantasy coming-of-age genre take off.



FG: Finally, the last bonus question I ask everyone: Do you collect anything? If so, what and why?



LRWL: I don't collect "stuff" but I do collect remembrances of impacting readers. A case in point, I recently received a completely unsolicited review from a fan who told me her story of having severe dyslexia. She said her mom got 4 books for her and told her she had to read one. She happened to have picked my first book, Blast of the Dragon's Fury. The storyline captured her attention and before she knew it, she'd finished it. She now calls herself an avid reader and she credits it to that first book... What's more though, she caught the themes of responsibility, diligence, and dignity that I weave throughout my writing and said she still thinks about those often. *be still my heart* 



FG: That is awesome! Having such an impact on another person's life is truly a wonderful thing. Congratulations! 
I wish you every success as you continue on with your writing. Thank you for being my guest today!







You can learn more about LRW Lee and her books by visiting her website at: http://www.LRWLee.com







Talk to you all again soon! ~ bru

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment! It will appear on the blog once reviewed.